Questions to ask your financial divorce expert:
- Are you a Certified Financial Planner®? The answer should be yes - CFP®s meet the 4 E’s, Education, Examination, Experience & Ethics. This is an Accredited certification.
- What is your professional experience? We have worked with divorcing clients since 1990. Make sure your divorce financial expert works on divorce financial planning cases every week vs. once in a while. Make sure your divorce financial expert is an expert in post-divorce financial planning so that you are not disappointed with the results of someone who only does pre-divorce financial planning. Someone who only does pre-divorce financial planning may not know enough about personal finance to avoid tax mistakes, account transfer mistakes, and long-term consequences of the pre-divorce only planning.
- Are you a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst™? While this is not yet an accredited certification, those of us who hold this certification are specifically trained in pre-divorce financial planning.
- Do you provide divorce financial planning for a fee? If your divorce financial expert is not allowed to charge you for divorce financial planning and is doing so ‘just to help you out’, chances are very good, they simply hope to capture your assets post-divorce. We charge for our time in divorce financial planning and deliver exceptional work that often pays for itself after we have measured our results.
- How does your divorce financial expert give back to families? We hold two nonprofit, licensed Second Saturday® workshops in Ashburn & Reston, VA each month. We have a family law attorney, divorce financial expert and therapist or coach speak at each workshop. Support. Information. Hope.
Our Process in serving you:
- We ask for the documentation from the list provided in the workshop (see workshop links or ask us to send it to you).
- We ask you to identify what you want out of the process and to articulate what work you’d like from us.
- We will price the work and send that contract via DocuSign.
- Payment is expected at the time the contract is signed.
- Not following our process can mean avoidable expense for our clients. We have designed our process so we can deliver excellent work to clients in the most efficient and cost effective way.
We have been working divorce cases since 1990 and believe that correct, complete, and transparent financial analysis moves the family toward an outcome they can sign with financial confidence. Our deep experience means we work efficiently and effectively.
Second Saturday Divorce Workshop
Our firm hosts two monthly workshops in the Northern Virginia area.
This Workshop is for you if:
- You are contemplating divorce
- You are in the process of getting divorced
- You’ve already filed for divorce and are overwhelmed by the process
- You’re not sure what to do next
- Explore the legal, financial and emotional aspects of divorce
- Discover resources available to help you
- Talk with others experiencing similar life changes
- Learn from experts who have guided others through divorce
“Thank you so much! It was so informational. It helped me relax and know it's all going to work out. Information is powerful. You are very special people.”
CLICK HERE for more information.